Monday, February 13, 2012

Abe Lincoln: Creepy Pervert

I know it's a little late, but I just had to share this one.  Yesterday, I am sure you all knew, was former president Abraham Lincoln's birthday.  It was also mine. We probably all get the same images when thinking of this famous president; the tales of studying by firelight, the Emancipation Proclamation, the Gettysburg Address they made you memorize in 4th grade, and his tragic assassination.  Now I've got one more to add to that list.  Creepy pervert.

In honor of my birthday, my brother Dan, sent me this picture he took yesterday in Bennington, Vermont.  I think he was also rubbing in the fact that he can pick up and go to Vermont anytime he feels like it. I understand this was created around the turn of the last century, well before our minds all went in the gutter.  But it is so wrong. So very, very wrong. Happy Birthday, Mr. President!

~dana

p.s in all fairness, here is a link that explains what the artist was going for. It's still no excuse.
abe statue of wrongness


UPDATE!  I saw something that might just erase this wrongness from my mind.
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter