Sunday, January 22, 2012

Dream Goblin

I have a Pinterest stalker. For those who are not familiar, Pinterest is an internet cork board. You have as many categories "boards"  as you like. My favorite is " Colors that make my eyes happy!". I also have a "Dream Home" and "Clothes I Love" category. One fills up a board by going out into the internet and pinning things to it. This goes onto a communal board of people you are following or are following you. You can find things there to "repin" onto yours. Getting a lot of repins is exciting. This means a lot of someones thought you were brilliant! Who doesn't like that? But someone has gone too far. I don't know who she is, but I feel violated. She has swooped down and repinned, ALL THE THINGS! My entire dream home and all the clothes I will never wear. My identity has been stolen. I get up in the morning and she has been there in my stuff. Claimed it all as hers. Like she was going through my dreams while I slept. A dream goblin.  Granted I repinned others to create my persona, but it was in small things here and there, not all from one source.  I thought someone else was genius and took that one little part. I think we do that in real life as well. When we are creating who we are, we emulate others. We take what we believe to be the best parts of them and incorporate that into who we become. It's not deliberate, it just happens. But this is  a willful stealing of my internet soul ! STOP IT, or the Pinterest war shall begin! After all I am dangerously bored.