Sunday, January 29, 2012

Underwhelming News!


Not so much a real post this Sunday, but here are some things that are going on here in our world...

Lorie and I are making raging progress on the diorama, as you can see. This represents 3-4 minutes finding a box and rooting through my daughters' toys.  No progress is being made because Ms. Lorie is off gallivanting and having fun without me at Ohayocon.  She keeps sending me pictures of all the great shopping and people watching and it is killing me. 
And also because I am studying for exams and that is manifesting itself in a renewal of my obsession with really cold Skinny Girl Margaritas, braiding and rebraiding one side of my head while I stare at sample questions and 
 buying a huge cloaky thing that makes me look like Angela Landsbury.  I'm pretty sure I am way dumber since my undergraduate days.  Thank you, children.  I knew the Teletubbies were making us all dumber.
But I did manage to make time to buy a deer mount on Craigslist without ending up buried in a shallow grave.  As soon as I decide if my new deer friend is a Spring, Summer, Fall or Winter, I will be giving it a make over.

And lastly, later this week we will be announcing our first contest.  Don't get too excited.  You are not getting a chance at my deer head, which I am either naming Rosebud, Lucy or Heddy.  And yes, I know that a white tail deer with 6 points is a male, but honestly after being shot with a bow 7 years ago, dismembered, stuffed with foam, and sold at night in the parking lot of a McDonalds,  does it really matter?  And please feel free to leave name suggestions in the comments section.  Daisy? Beatrix?