Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Lifetime for Kids

My brother, Uncle Darryl, aka

Hollywood Darryl

shot this short film when he was in town this month.  My baby brother is an actor, comedian, musician, producer, camera man, photographer, special effects tech and bartender in LA.  He's living the dream! You know those people who walk around drinking coffee and fake chatting in the background on sitcoms? My little bro rocks the shit out of that.  We envisioned it as part of a series of mock-u-dramas Lifetime style.  The plan was to film 2 more shorts with the kids, on such hard hitting topics as gout and alcoholism, but he went back before we could.  I wanted to do one on heroin, but the husband put his foot down when I said we'd shoot it at the park with a baggie of white powder.  (Someone has to be the adult.)  The video is:

1. wildly offensive

2. a great example of how insensitive we are

3. spotlights how little we know about serious illnesses.  You've been warned. Don't send me bitchy emails. 




~dana

Uncle Darryl has a comedy sketch group called JetPackRaptor, you can check them out here...
JetPackRaptor YouTube Channel