Saturday, April 28, 2012

Quick and Dirty.

I have become more of a guest blogger because my life is in transition. I figure Dana will need me to step up for real while she goes guest someday too. So the scales of the universe will balance themselves. Here are a couple of snippets from my life in flux. 

Setting: Subway, yes I am a Sandwich Artist.
Players: Me. Nameless OCD freak I work with. I say this with affection.

NOCDF:   Lorie! I asked the Easter Bunny for a mail order bride! I hope he doesn't disappoint me. 
Me. NOCDF, I'm sorry but I feel that is more of a leprechaun thing and St. Paddy's day is over so you are out of luck this year. 
NOCDF: No Lorie! You are wrong! 

I was right no mail order bride for him. But this gives you an idea of the sparkling banter that goes on at Subway. At least when he isn't singing the Barney closing song for me. I work with other people but he is the one that is most likely to be future blog fodder.



I sent this text to my daughter....

The western medicine man has prescribed for me many elixirs. I need to retrieve them. Could you transport me to the castle where they are held? I will pay you in Monster, cookies and any snack foods you may require. 

She responds WTF are you talking about? I thought it was obvious that I needed a ride to Walgreens. Clearly Sarah and I need to work on our interpersonal communication skills.