Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Why NOT Use Craig's List to Find Your Baby Daddy?

I have a confession to make.  Although I was very much in love with James Hetfield at the time, I made out with Winston throughout the one and only Metallica concert I went to.   I was very certain throughout high school that I was meant to marry a James Hetfield sort or at the very least Sebastian Bach.  But Winston and I had just started dating.  Actually, this was one of our first dates; not a bad way to start off a relationship.  We went with a bunch of our friends, some of whom follow this re-dunk-u-lous blog and can attest to the fact that not only did we just sit on the grass at Blossom Music Center and make out, but that one of them had to thump us and point out that someone had not only set fire to the grass but that there was also a smallish fire on the roof and that something of an evacuation was taking place.  So I don't remember how awesome that concert was.  And I pray to God that they tour again soon, even though it's likely that we'd do it again just for nostalgia.

And karma being what it is, we sat as far apart as we could on a trash bag the following year at Blossom when we saw the Moody Blues, not even speaking.  Due to some argument of significant importance that I can't remember.

And the tickets?  20 bucks each.  I swear.  If we wanted to see Metallica today, you know the tickets would be at least $150.  And we'd be forced to listen to some political rant from Lars.  I know the tickets were $20 because I sold one of my extra tickets to ED THOMPSON and that motherfucker has yet to pay me back for it.  And then, he had the nerve to drive past me on Center Ridge Rd.  in Westlake in 1995 and yell out the window in his slacker holler, "Heeeeeeeeeey Daaaaaaana! Whaaaaaaat's uuuuuup?"

Somewhere in Westlake there is a family of 4 in a Ford SHO Taurus who saw a 20-something me scream, "I want my $20, you dick!" at a crappy Chevy sedan. 

Anyway, my point is that we all do weird or short sighted things when we are young, and usually at a rock concert.  Or a reggae concert.  And if you've seen Pink Floyd in concert, you definitely did something you don't remember because, I swear, just walking into the old Municipal Stadium when Pink Floyd came to town would have caused you to fail a piss test.

I wanted to create this seamless link here to show you this article I read at Fuse online yesterday.  But two things prevented that.

1. When I Googled "how to insert article into blogger," what initially scrolled up in Google was "how to insert a tampon."  Obviously,  I nearly choked to death laughing, picturing someone saying, "What the hell do I do with this tampon?  Wait a minute! Eureka! I'll Google it!"

2.  I think just reading the URL is enough.  Enjoy.

http://www.fuse.tv/2012/04/help-find-the-man-who-impregnated-woman-in-megadeth/motorhead-concert-bathroom

~dana

So much awesome.  My favorite line is "raw dog."  Being a bookish housewife, I was unfamiliar with that term.  It is succinct and elegant.  I'd love to hear yours in the comment section. :)